Wednesday, November 16, 2016

OLD FISH TALE

Sarah, the niece of my old friend Tobie, told me at Tobie's wake that she remembered my fishing the yellow perch, cleaning them in her yard, and cooking them up on the Coleman grill.  This was almost over almost 50 years ago.  She said her mother saved the roe to cook up for visiting fisherman at the motel where University of Buffalo International Club camped for free at her Mom's invitation.

I went out at sunset and caught a few more fish using the worms that wintered while mulching up my soil for the planted peppers.  I put these in the live well to see if it will contain them still after that hard winter or if there are escape routes.  I did not take it out this winter or last.  I really never used it last season, so I don't know how it is and to pull it out is more work than just tossing in a few panfish to see if they will stay or not.  Just getting the rusted wing nuts to turn again was a chore.

No comments:

Post a Comment